The safety and well-being of our student-athletes is important to us. We want to ensure that all athletes participating in summer activities are able to do so safely. For the upcoming 2021-22 school year athletes will need to have an updated and current physical which needs to be uploaded into Register My Athlete.
Below are the criteria for clearance of summer activities:
● All “New” students to the AFUHSD which includes: Incoming 9th-grade students and transfer students to the AFUHSD must have a current physical dated after March 1, 2021.
o Athletes must use the AIA PPE documents, which can be found under the MORE tab at the top of this page.
● Current students must have a valid AIA PPE document, which is not to exceed 1 calendar year from the date received. With an end date no sooner than July 23, 2021.
● Examples of a valid PPE for current students are:
o Physical exam was completed in October 2020 with an expiration date of October 2021.
o Physical was completed in August 2020 with an expiration of August 2021.
● Examples of non-valid PPE for current students are:
o Physical exam was completed on June 15, 2020, and expires June 15, 2021.
o Any physical exam completed in the 19-20 school year that was grandfathered in due to the modification of AIA by-laws in school year 20-21.
Note: Clearance for the school year (not summer) 2021-22 athletics requires:
1. PPE date after March 1, 2021
To view the document, please click on the link below.